Doll is my best Companion Daniel Story


Mr.Daniel aka dan_dal at LYN Forum are very passion for doll he have start collecting doll since July 2009 and now he own more than 10 dolls ,Mr.Daniel  even build diorama and cloths for his doll  i am very happy to have this exclusive interview with Mr.Daniel  let begin the interview


The  story being of your toys collection
I started collect my first Dal doll on July, 2009. I used to walk in a shopping complex for a year looking through a display window of a toy shop on this Dal doll. Everytime when I was stress in my works or not being happy with any problems I face, I would drop by this shopping complex and looked at this doll. I dun know what power she has on her face, my stress will be disappeared once I stared on her. Big head with big eyes, tiny body with cute outfit, tiny nose and small petulant mouth, lower lip that slightly protruding, really make me fall in love with her. One day, I just questioned myself what actually stopped me just walk into the shop to grab her back home. Finally, I take some courage to walk in the shop and bought her. From the day onward, I start collect every single Dal dolls. Less than a year, I manage to collect complete sets of Dal dolls (First Dal in the market on Oct, 2006, total of 41 units up to May, 2010).

Could you describe more on doll or bjd
Dal doll is a smaller doll (10.5inches/26.3cm) of the Pullip line (Jun Planning/Groove Inc.). She is profiled as Taeyang's 13-year old little sister who considers Pullip as her rival in fashion and style. The Dal body is articulated similar to Pullip. Her eyes move from side to side like Pullip, but do not blink. Since 2008, Dal doll is released monthly by Jun Planning/Groove Inc. Dal doll can be customized by changing the body, wig, eyechips and many others part. She is different than bjd because her body parts are not joint up by string.

Any particular reason why have a great interest in doll or ball joint doll?
It is type of hobby since it can help me release stress of my hectic working life. It brings me back to childhood memory and feels like kid sometimes. It lets me feel no worry and doubt like a kid. Of course, this manages to help me throw away all the worries and stress from works. Besides, the collection of this doll has brought me into exploring many other different new areas, which I have not touched before, such as photography, making dollhouse, sewing, crafting, building webpage etc. I also get to know many other collectors and start to be friends with them thru MSN. Since then I am quite well verse into artworks, internet and multimedia.


 What is your favorite doll company or manufacture and why ?
Groove Inc. (Previously called Jun Planning). Dal dolls made by them are great and nice. Every time the concept and idea are fresh and special. Quality are not bad and price reasonable for me. They always improve their new line in coming release

 why you choose doll rater than ball joint doll?
I prefer Dal doll because she is cute. I do have 1 bjd as well. But due to expensive price for bjd, I don’t really afford to collect them. Besides, I feel that bjd is too real (like a real human). Sometimes I do feel scare looking on their eyes, especially at night.


How many doll you having now and will you increase it number ?if yes why ? if no why ?
I have 41 units of Dal dolls up to May, 2010. It is complete sets of Dal dolls since 2006. All of them are in boxes as my collection. Of course, I do have few selected Dal dolls for deboxed to display and play. I will continue to collect Dal dolls because there will be new release every month. I do have 2 Pullips and 2 Taeyangs as well.

 Do you think ball joint doll is more suitable to girls ?

I used to think like this. That’s why I have spent a year time just looking through the display window and never think of getting the doll back to home. Until I totally throw away the conservative thinking, finally I have what I like. Don’t stop your dream come true. You have missed your childhood time to own a doll. Why let go this chance? Especially when we can earn our own money, why not get the dreaming toys you looking for years? It is proud to use your own money get yourself a toys than asking pocket money from your parents. Anyone of you still think of doll is for girls… throw this conservative thinking away, let join us! For girls, you have no worries.. you must take action now!



What you normally consider when buying a ball joint doll?

I love Dal doll. That’s why I surely grab every new Dal dolls when it is release. Never consider how ugly or how pretty they are. But if you ask me how I want to choose a Dal doll for playing…. This is something about FEELING… You choose a doll should be as same as choosing a friend. The doll must be unique for you and make you feel comfortable. People may dislike the doll you choose, but you must feel she is lovely for you.


 Are there any plan to choose others figure beside ball joint doll?
Besides of Dal dolls, I do have limited number of Hot Toys action figures, Blythe, Barbie & Ken etc. But I do not have further plan to collect them

How much money you will  spend on yr Doll wig ,accessory and so on ?
Monthly will spend on RM300 to RM500 for the new release Dal doll. For accessories and making dollhouse for the doll, I spend around RM100 to RM300 monthly. Sometimes I do buy some cheap Dal dolls when it is on sale or on auction at ebay. So there will be an investment or stock for resell to newbie who really keen to collect Dal dolls.




In Malaysia ball joint doll or doll is not that popular ,do you think the doll collector will growth ? if yes , why
Yes, I believe the doll collector number will be increased. If more people come out to share their collection stories, more people will believe they are not alone or not the only weird one thinking of collecting dolls. I had never think of collect dolls last time, but I do now. So, they are many people who have this dream in their heart. Why not make it come true?


As i know doll and ball joint doll need maintenance , what are the areas we need to be extra careful
Dolls must be kept properly out of dust, moisture and direct sun light. Because of making from vinyl and plastic material, UV from direct sunlight will discolor them or make them become fragile/damage. Hands must be clean when you touch/handle the doll. Must treat them like your own children, never expose to pets, your real kids and strangers.



 What Do yr friend or family think about yr hobby or wil yr girlsfriend  jealous yr doll
My family and few close friends do know I am collecting dolls but never realize I got that many. In their mind, doll just a cheap toy. But never realize or know that it cost hundred and even thousand dollars.


                                                                 
What is yr advice to a newbie ?
You are not a kid. You are adult. You are responsible to choose the doll you like. Use your own feeling. Do not ask people which dolls you should choose. Or do not choose the doll because it is trend to own it. Do not own the doll just because your bf/gf bought it to you as gift. Must from yourself.. from your heart. Once you select the doll, you must give them attention, love and care. This is the difference between a kid and adult who own a doll. If you do not like the doll, let other people who care/love them to adopt. Let a good master to care the doll.

 Lastly as I know that you have set up a doll club can you tell us more about it
Yeah. I have set up a Malaysia Pullip, Taeyang, Dal and Byul doll club at flickr. It is new. Not many people aware of it. I have started this club to get all collectors at Malaysia to gather together for sharing stories of doll collecting, handmade clothes, making dollhouse, photo sharing etc. So, all of us will not feel alone. Through the same dolls we are collecting, we are look like in a family. Maybe one day we will organize gathering to meet each other. Many activities can be organized through the club. But at this moment, we just want to promote the doll and introduce this to more people in Malaysia. Thanks you giving me this opportunity sharing this doll through this interview. This is my pleasure and sincere appreciate on your invitation.


You are welcome Mr.Daniel  with this interview  i hope more people  know the Fun owning a Doll and For those Malaysian Doll owner You are not alone pls visit MR.Daniel Doll Club to get more infromation regarding Doll and all Fun  at the below address

                                                 http://www.flickr.com/groups/1383815@N23/






Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
free counters

my Sponsor