David Lee Kamen Rider Belt Collector Story

Name : David Lee aka redracer2004 at LYN

Favourite Toys Character:  Tokusatsu Toys

Started: 1 years and few months





What is your Favorites toys collection  ?
 Tokusatsu toys especially Super Sentai toys.

Why tokusatsu DX toys and not tokusatsu figure ?
For years, Japanese Tokusatsu toys have always given priority to the Deluxe (DX) Gears and Weapons, especially for Kamen Rider. The figures were not so popular back then and only soft vinyls (sofubi) known as Rider Hero Series (RHS) and later Sentai Hero Series (SHS) nowadays were released. DX Gears have always been my attraction and of course from any Tokusatsu series because of the accuracy of the functions and the details in the design of each. However in the Super Sentai line, greater emphasis was on the mechas rather than the Gears but that does not mean they are lacking in quality for the Gears. Different Tokusatsu series provide us with different gimmicks in the DX toys. Taking for example, the most revolutionary Sentai mecha, DX Gaoking gave birth to the first and ever limb-swapping combination feature which is now commonly seen in preceding series. Of course I should not tend to overlook the first card reader in the Tokusatsu toy industry, the DX Dragvisor which I do not own yet. However, I do have the universal reader for Kamen Rider Ryuki, the DX Dragvisor Zwei to emulate the functions to my heart’s content.

The story being of your toys collection
My first official Toku toy was a Great Icarus mecha from the 1991 Super Sentai Series Jetman. I did not know what it was at that time but later on, I found out that it was not the DX one. Until today (more than 10 years have passed), this toy’s electronics still works. From then on, I continued my collection when the hit series MMPR came to screen giving me access to their Megazord toys. However, my collection paused for a few years and I only resumed collecting Toku toys in March 2009.


 What do you normally consider when choosing a toys ?
I consider on how rare the item is in the local market before I proceed in buying. I have the mentality of ‘got to have them all’ so I always plan out my purchases to make sure that items that are still more widely available shall be obtained later. However this is also due to me having budget constraints, thus the plan.

 Are there any plan to choose others figure beside Kamen Rider belt?
I was and still am considering to dive in to the tempting line of SH Figuarts. Although they might still be very tempting to me, I still consider them too pricey due to the ‘limited exclusives’ line which made up around half of that whole line. In addition, I still have thoughts of trying different toys such as candy toys and Kamen Rider bearbricks.

 Kamen rider belt is not very popular in Malaysia I guess what do you think the kamen rider belt collector will growth ? if yes why?
There was a sudden growth in the demand for Kamen Rider belts last year with the appealing DX Kabuto Zecter in stores but this was just temporary. Right now as I see it, further series like Kiva and so forth do not pose much appeal EXCEPT Decade. There might be a boom in the demand for the DX Decadriver once again when Decade hits Malaysian airwaves by the end of 2012. Hopefully by then, a large enough fanbase is present for Malaysian suppliers to stock on more on the above said item.




 Do you think kamen rider belt is valueable in future? If yes,why?
This already have a certain answer and it is yes. The only sole reason for DX Tokusatsu toys like Kamen Rider Belts to have increase in value is because there won’t be any reissues at all. 2 chances, that’s what we all in the SEA region have. First, we have the official Japanese releases and then later, the Hong Kong repacks. This can also be seen in the international market whereby DX Tokusatsu toys are gaining in value after the series ends because the toys are then discontinued from production.

 will u continue collecting toy when you have kid or married
I bet I will because I find myself liking different Tokusatsu toys by day. I just realized that the Tomica Hero line is as much as attractive as the Bandai lines and this renewed my spirit to keep on going to collect.

 What Do yr friend or family think about yr hobby
One word, childish. This was their first impression but my family later realized that collectors are all around the world and of different age and race so they are sort of stopping the childish idea.

How much money you spend on toys
Honestly, I never bother counting but I am sure it should be more than a month’s salary for a senior manager in total.


Lastly  what is your advice to a newbie ?
If you want it, buy it. Don’t take too long and think over whether it is worth your money. I have gone through times like that and end up regretting not buying something that I could but I didn’t. Just get it and have fun with it.








Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
free counters

my Sponsor